Banished Ventures

2 young people do not want to use open house together

• This topic has 7 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Strategic Sage.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • 8 Posts - 248 Views
    Helmut-pdorf
    Participant

I made the experience with my seafarer challenge that 1 young girl went and started in a new house and after that another young boy does not want to enter this house but entered a second empty new house alone…
    I tried with short sequences of “remove structure” to close the buildings and had 2 people with status homeless, but they did never want to enter together one empty house.
    There could be no genetic reason for this behavior: I made a screenshot from the start ( year 6) with 3 little goathi with the families together, showing hat the young children are not siblings;
    and a second one after 11 years with 5 turf-house : the 3 families and the young boy alone (13 years old) and the little lady alone (17 years old).

Could be there is a generic reason for this behavior, like the boy is too young or the difference is to great ?
    Or have I simple to wait for the other up-growing children to fill the gaps?

Attachments:
    Helmut-pdorf
    Participant

Notice: The first new lady do not enter the house with the lonesome boy…

Strategic Sage
    Participant

As I understand it, they have to be 15 to marry. So in a couple of years it’s more likely to work.

Tom Sawyer
    Keymaster

That’s right, the lady is not yet interested in that boy.

Helmut-pdorf
    Participant

i have found it in the norsemen docs.
    Thanks !

Helmut-pdorf
    Participant

Yes, they have started a new family, now there is only one young man waiting alone in a house.

I am wondering now how the seafarer map can be “overlived” when all trees are gone?
    There is no leather for clothings (no cows ) , no glass for a forester to set new trees, and the growing people need more and more food ( sheep an crop) and need always more and more storage.
    Now I have started the trade with a small dock to get this missing items – but this will shift the end without firewood, peat and wood only far away.

Strategic Sage
    Participant

‘overlived’?

My suggestion, I’m working on Seafarer Ironman right now as well, is simply don’t cut all the trees. Accept growing slower until you can trade for glass and reach the mid-game – then you can build forestry structures and the like.

Not all the structures are updated on the wiki. Sheepskin says you can make leather out of that – I think that’s my next step is getting a Tannery up to try that out.

Strategic Sage
    Participant

Tannery does produce leather from sheepskins, to confirm. Appears to require 4 each, at least for uneducated tanners.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.