This page shows an overview of planned content. It is not a fixed sequence and without a guarantee of its implementation. It’s what I have in mind and what I want to create for Banished.
North 5 “Old Times” (2017)
This version was released in spring 2017 and added a couple of buildings for old Nordic villages like log cabins and storage sheds, a wooden chapel to attract nomads, a trappers cabin to hunt fur animals, a small chicken coop and a cheese dairy as well as fishery objects like a fishing pier, a salting cabin and a smoking shed. It also brought black grouses as wild animal to the North.
North 6 “New Economy” (2017)
With Banished 1.0.7 we got an extended flagging system and the opportunity to define more than 3 building materials. Version 6 uses it to add new interesting content such as glassworks and sand mining. It completes the Nordic set of buildings by adding a hunting cabin, gatherer shelter, blacksmith shops, forester lodge and herbalist. It also adds an oven house for baking bread and a bee yard for honey production. Version 6 has been available since December 2017.
North 7 “Vikings” (in progress)
It started in version 6 with a Viking trading dock and will continue with more buildings from this era such as mead hall, various houses, workplaces and storage buildings. Also some other aspects of the game are going to match an early game scenario in Viking style. It will expand the time line further back in history and moves the “Town Charter” update to a later step.
- A Thingstead for early game Vikings – finished
- A Mead Hall to drink horns of ale all day and as political center of a town – in progress
- A pagan temple as an alternative religious building
- Turf Houses as primitive and very early game homesteads – finished
- Frame Houses in old Viking style made from wood and clay – finished
- Longhouses for more than one family
- Storage buildings for new house types
- Flax production and linen weaving to make new clothes
- Fishing Hut and maybe expanding the fish processing
- Smokehouse – in progress
- A bigger trading dock with more capacity
North 8 “Town Charter”
In the future I would like to add a set of buildings inspired by historical towns from the early modern age of Scandinavia.
- New Town Hall
- Town houses in variants as two story sets with workshops and services in first floor
- Storage locations for the town
- Smelting Furnace
- A new Hospital
- Copper Mining
- A stone chapel with copper roof
- Siberian chapel with golden roof (in progress)
- Farmer workplace for red cottages
- Tailor shop
- Firewood Shed
- Translations in more languages.
- Types of challenges and in game achievements.
- A hall of fame for supporters.
I have ideas about a new theme with a different environment as well as special resources and gameplay. Still not sure about details and where to locate it but it would be definitely south of the North. ;)