This page shows an overview of planned content. It is not a fixed sequence and without a guarantee of its implementation. It’s what I have in mind and what I want to create for Banished. To make another suggestion or to ask about future modding, please write in the forums.
North 5 “Old Times” (2017)
This version was released in spring 2017 and added a couple of buildings for old Nordic villages like log cabins and storage sheds, a wooden chapel to attract nomads, a trappers cabin to hunt fur animals, a small chicken coop and a cheese dairy as well as fishery objects like a fishing pier, a salting cabin and a smoking shed. It also brought black grouses as wild animal to the North.
North 6 “New Economy” (2017)
With Banished 1.0.7 we got an extended flagging system and the opportunity to define more than 3 building materials. Version 6 uses it to add new interesting content such as glassworks and sand mining. It completes the Nordic set of buildings by adding a hunting cabin, gatherer shelter, blacksmith shops, forester lodge and herbalist. It also adds an oven house for baking bread and a bee yard for honey production. Version 6 has been available since December 2017.
North 7 “Vikings” (in progress)
It started in version 6 with a Viking trading dock and will continue with more buildings from this era such as mead hall, various houses, workplaces and storage buildings. Also some other aspects of the game are going to match an early game scenario in Viking style. It will expand the time line further back in history and moves the “Town Charter” update to a later step.
- Tingstead for administration your early settlement – finished
- Turf Houses as first and primitive homesteads – finished
- Frame Houses in old Viking town style made from wood and clay – finished
- Storage buildings for new house types – in progress
- Mead Hall to share food, drink and entertainment – in progress
- Norse Temple for the pagan people – in progress
- Longhouses for more than one family
- Large farmhouses for bigger families
- Tailor Shop – finished
- Flax production and linen weaving to make new clothes – finished
- Pottery Kiln – in progress
- Fishing Hut and maybe expanding the fish processing
- Smokehouse – in progress
- Healers Hut for very early game
- Bigger trading dock with more capacity – in progress
- Small food market for early game
- Some new fences and decorations
North 8 “Town Charter”
In the future I would like to add a set of buildings inspired by historical towns from the early modern age of Scandinavia.
- New Town Hall
- Town houses in variants as two story sets with workshops and services in first floor
- Storage locations for the town
- Smelting Furnace
- Finally a new hospital
- Copper Mining
- Stone Chapel with copper roof
- Nicolas Chapel with golden roof (in progress)
- Farmer workplace for red cottages
- Town Tailor Shop
- Firewood Shed
- Translations in more languages
- New challenges and scenarios
I have also ideas about a new theme with a different environment as well as special resources and gameplay. Still not sure about details and where to locate it but it will be definitely south of the North. ;)