This page shows an overview of planned content. It is not a fixed sequence and without a guarantee of its implementation. It is what I have in mind and what I want to create for Banished.
North 5 “Old Times”
This version was released in spring 2017 and added a couple of buildings for old Nordic villages like log cabins and storage sheds, a wooden chapel to attract nomads, a trappers cabin to hunt fur animals, a small chicken coop and a cheese dairy as well as fishery objects like a fishing pier, a salting cabin and a smoking shed. It also brought black grouses as wild animal to the North.
North 6 “New Economy”
With Banished 1.0.7 we got an extended flagging system and the opportunity to define more than 3 building materials. Version 6 use it to add new interesting content such as glassworks and sand mining. It also completes the Nordic set of buildings by hunting cabin, gatherer shelter, blacksmith shops, forester lodge and herbalist. It also adds an oven house for baking bread and a bee yard for honey production. Version 6 is available since December 2017.
North 7 “Town Charter”
In the future I would like to add a set of buildings inspired by historical towns and to improve other aspects of the current game expansion. The following points are on roadmap right now.
- More houses and decorations
- Flax production
- Smelting Furnace
- Reworking the pasture
- New town hall
- Town houses in variants as two story sets
- .. with workshops and services in first floor
- Storage locations for the town
- Copper Mining
- A new Hospital
- A stone chapel with copper roof
- Siberian chapel with golden roof (in progress)
- Hazelnuts for another food source
- Farmer workplace for red cottages
- Tailor shop
- Firewood Shed
- Translations in more languages.
- A kind of challenges and in game achievements.
- A hall of fame for supporters.
I have ideas about a new theme with a different environment as well as special resources and gameplay. Still not sure about details and where to locate it but it would be definitely south of the North. ;)