A new adventure for hard-bitten banished people. The winters are harsh and the summers short. Farming is severely limited. But this country offers new opportunities by commodity production and trade. The landscape is characterized by extensive forests and large herds of reindeer. An icy wind blows in winter and cranes call in the summery wetlands. Start a new game in the Nordic wilderness and take the challenge.
New terrain textures and map types. Ambient sounds of birds, wind and rain. Realistic sun pitches and climates graded from mild to harsh. Increased wood production, rich stone and ore deposits. Salmon, trouts and crayfish in the rivers for high fish production. Reindeer and black grouses for hunting. Coins for trading. Nordic log cabins and red cottages, typical storage barns, a village hall and a school, a new tavern and a wooden chapel to attract nomads. A village shop to provide food and a warehouse to provide raw materials for manufacturing. New production buildings for iron processing and brick making. Active hunting and fishing as well as a trapper to hunt fur animals in the Nordic forests. New start conditions for different play styles and many more small changes for a Nordic game experience.
The following mods are particularly suited to be combined with the Nordic theme. Place them below the North in your mod list and the additional buildings and resources will be adapted to the Nordic economy:
- Medieval Town (by RedKetchup)
- The 2 story Bakery, Blacksmith, Tailor House and Hunter Hut (by RedKetchup)
- DS Small Village, DS Wagon Vendor and Decorations (by Discrepancy)
- Small Town Rowhouses, Forest Outpost and Nordic Houses (by Kid/Nomad)
- Windmill and Bakery, Farmhouses, Storage Shed, Farmstand, Apothecary, Oil Press and Church (by embx61)
- Minibuildings (by BlackLiquid)
- Stone Bridge (by MrFlopsy)
- Proper Time for realistic aging (by Kid/Nomad)
Natural Diversity Light (by Bartender) for better visuals of wild fruits and herbs